Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This Past Sunday



Wow! What a worship service last Sunday morning! It was our pleasure to host Kerwin and Vicki Dees at both services to start our series: One Month to Live. Their testimony, stories, and God empowered joy, made the services some of the strongest moments we have ever had at Rejoice South. So many people were challenged, encouraged, and reminded of the grace of God and the life-changing gospel, through the Dees family. Here are a few conversations that I heard just from last Sunday alone:

*I have never been in a church service like that one just now...this will be a moment that I will never forget!
*I have been battling cancer for the last 12 weeks, and this was the first Sunday I was able to come back to church. Their story was exactly what I needed today.
*God really convicted me and spoke to my heart this morning...I really need to get my eyes of my problems and on His grace.
*The only problem with the services on Sunday was that they were too short, I could have listened to the Dees' family talk for another hour.
*I hope God gives me a portion of the grace that He has given to Kerwin and Vicki.
*The Dees family has always been an encouragement to me and they were encouragers again today.
*I can't wait to go to heaven and meet Jesus too!
*God has given both Kerwin and Vicki so much grace.
*Today I left wanting to be more like Christ!

Here are a few other conversations that happened on Sunday:
*This was our first time to be at Rejoice and we are definately coming back.
*I am really starting to feel comfortable here, it seems like I'm really going to be able to get to know people.
*I'm learning a lot at this church.
*We moved here from North Carolina and we enjoy the environment/atmosphere of the people and the hospitality.
*Our kids are learning so much during church...
*Oh, so you have two churches in Owasso? I will be back next Sunday.

What did you think or hear? What did God teach you last Sunday? How is God challenging you to think or act differently?

No comments: