Friday, May 15, 2009

Marriage 25yrs later

Jean and I celebrated 25 years this past September. I know, you must be thinking I married her when she was 10....LOL. Anyway, if you had told me back then we would be where we are now from a relationship standpoint, i'm not sure I would have believed you, or even cared. Back then my parents thought we were too young to get married and it would end in divorce. Jean's family history would put us divorced within 10 years. But we beat the predictions, something in us changed and that something was God. We weren't saved when we got married, but 4 years later, when we were still trying to find our way in this big world, God found us. He called us to him and we answered that call together. And the rest, as they say is history.

It's not all been easy, it's not been without sacrifice and even some heartache. But I don't know that I would change it for the world. With Jesus Christ as the center of our family, and children as additions and not taking over the center - our life has been rich. Not with $$, but with the joy of relationship with each other and with the Lord.

25 years ago, I thought marriage was just what you did - and maybe would do several times in life.... today, I can't imagine doing life without my love, my partner in ministry, the person that completes me - as we together serve the God who loves us even more than we love each other - it's amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grab job tom! thanks see you tomorrow morning..you and jean are welcome to grab lunch tomorrow after church in the cafe with the new people...ben is welcome too!