Saturday, August 22, 2009

logan mccormick, Christ-follower and new international missionary


I got the chance to sit down with Logan McCormick today. Logan just returned from an international missions trip to the closed country of Morocco. Logan joined with a group from the United States to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those in need in Morocco as well as look for opportunities to spread the Gospel.

Q: Logan, what most surprised you about Morocco? Probably the culture. It was my first time out of the country and first cross culture missionary trip. So the idea of being in a strange place, with a different people group, with different preferences, religions, foods, customs..all of it was extremely eye opening.

Q: What were some of the things you enjoyed the most in Morocco? Spending time with our team from the United States, learning their callings and backgrounds. Playing with the Morocco children, making them laugh even though I couldn't speak their language, walking on my hands to put on entertainment, just overall trying to be a servant and an example of Christ.

Q: How much is the gospel needed in Morocco? Horrible! 99% are Muslim, 5 times a day people are worshipping, praying to a dead false God. People who are Christ-followers face death for converting to Jesus. It is overwhelming. It is really hard to understand.
Q: What did you feel like God taught you or revealed to your heart in Morocco? He taught me to have patience. I wanted to change the community in one trip, but I have to trust in His direction and care. I need to be thankful for my family and place to live. I need to be more aware of the work of Christ in the world.
Q: Let us know about some of your teammates/co-workers in Morocco... I enjoyed spending time with some leaders from our church, learning from other leaders and cross cultural missionaries...learning from people who have literally given decades of years in foreign places for the sake of the gospel is inspiring.
Q: Any last thoughts? I just want to thank everyone that financially supported me and prayed for me. It wasn't easy for my family to let me go. I'm praying that God will encourage and repay everyone who helped me go on this trip of a lifetime, hopefully I will get even more opportunities like this one!
-thanks Logan-Casey Cariker

1 comment:

Tobra Avery said...

Logan... i am so very proud of you for the work you are doing and the love of Christ you are sharing with the world. what a BRAVE and admirable act you have displayed for other young men, and boys like my own grade schoolers. i hope and pray that they will have the thirst for Christ that you do and spend their time giving back the way you are giving to them and others. i thank God for bringing you all home safely, and for giving you the opportunity to experience this. keep up the good works of Christ... -tobra avery